Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To the Tune of Vanilla Twilight

I'll paint the world Aspen White
Until it's brighter than sunlight
I'll find a spot of shade, and hide away


I'll spin around in circles
It gives me a sense of purpose
I'll write a letter I wont send because I don't mean to offend.

I'll put my things in a bag
Run to where it isn't so bad
But I'm not so sure that country's on the map.

So I sit in a corner
Stay quiet try no to bother
with trivial things like food and sleep and unsatisfactory company.

I'll feel better one day soon
When my voice reaches the turquoise moon
Because that's where all the good things are

But drowning in self worry
I lie awake with my vision blurry
Analyzing the possible reasons why I always feel alone
I always feel alone
I always feel alone
I always feel alone


The days all turn into restless nights, like tonight








When Melbourne days turn warmer
When girls all shed their sweaters
I'll take a breath and step out again.

I'll put away all that I felt
And if I am ever compelled
to reveal my true self, I'll bite my tongue
and smile instead
Oh darling keep it all inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's straight up depressing!

"I'll feel better one day soon
When my voice reaches the turquoise moon
Because that's where all the good things are"'

-my favorite part.

Now, Vanilla Twilight I have not hear of...

InkarriFlores said...

Original work? I'm impressed